Sign up by April 1st Save $400!
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Now accepting yoga teacher training applications for September, 2023
TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE
Transform Your Career
A career you’re passionate about. As of August 2022, 60% of Americans dislike their jobs*. Begoming a yoga teacher creates a unique opportunity to a career you’re passionate and excited about. Something that keeps your mind and body healthy, while vastly improving the lives of their students.
Create your schedule. Yoga teachers choose which classes they take on and when, creating time for the things that matter most; their lives.
Transform Your Practice
While many students come into the Yoga Teacher Training with the intention to work in an industry they are passionate about, many take Yoga Teacher Training to enhance their own practices. To dive into yoga deeply so they can fully understand the poses and how to take care of their bodies.
Transform Your Mind
The practice of yoga allows practitioners to deepen their mind-body awareness. Simply becoming more aware creates a calmer, more relaxed demeanor, but regular practice also been proven to reduce anxiety and depression, and even improve memory*.
Transform Your Life
Yoga Teacher Training creates life-long bonds with like-minded individuals who are on the same journey as you are. Having these bonds improves the quality of life for Yoga Teacher Training graduates well after training ends.
Our comprehensive, integral anatomy approach to yoga teacher training
During your yoga teacher training with Good Moodra Yoga, you will learn how to confidently teach a smart, well-sequenced, anatomy-informed class. We take into consideration all learning styles, visual, auditory and kinesthetic, and offer opportunities to begin teaching from the first day of training.
Whether you’re looking to teach in a studio right after certification, or to expand your practice and understanding of yoga, this teacher training will deliver exactly what you’re looking to accomplish.
Enter training with a deep love and passion for yoga. Leave transformed with an understanding all aspects of yoga, a deeper understanding of yourself, and life-long friendships.
Yoga Alliance Certified
Good Moodra Yoga’s training programs are certified through the Yoga Alliance, and the Trapeze Teacher Training qualifies as continuing educational requirements.
Build Your Foundation
This program is the perfect platform for nourishing your love of yoga and setting a strong foundation for a professional yoga career.
Feel Support Learning Your Way
Everyone learns and absorbs information differently. That’s why we offer different types of instruction and training, from at home study to in person integration in the classroom so all students feel supported and set up for success.
Get the Most Out of Your Training
We hold ourselves to the highest standard and take our students’ time and investment seriously. This program is professionally crafted to put the student at the center and deliver maximum educational impact.
What is Integral Anatomy?
Integral Anatomy means we don’t cram all of the anatomy training all into one weekend (or day!). Instead, we weave anatomy throughout the entire yoga teacher training, starting from day one.
We start by focusing on one body part at a time (regional anatomy), practicing with sequences developed for that specific body part. Then we begin developing sequences to strengthen and lengthen that specific body part, with a focus on keeping it safe during practice.
Then, we put it all together to fully understand how the body parts integrate with eachother as a whole (integral anatomy).
This approach is so important because as yoga instructors, we must fully understand how the body works as a whole in order to safely and effectively lead our students in class.
- Learn a teaching methodology that sets a solid foundation for both your yoga practice and teaching
- Gain a firm understanding of anatomy and its practical application to asana so that you can practice and teach with confidence and skill
- Understand the art of peak pose sequencing, which will empower you to develop safe, smart and creative class sequences
- Deepen your own mental well being by learning to practice and teach key meditation and pranayama techniques
- Develop a clear understanding of yoga history and the real-world application of key philosophical texts,
- Dive into the subtle body systems, such as the koshas, chakras and vayus
- Participate in practices, asana labs, practice teaching, and structured practicums that will radically deepen your personal practice and elevate your teaching
- Connect with a community of like minded yogis to nourish your passion and dive into your personal growth
What else is different about our yoga teacher training program?
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training:
September 1, 2023 – November 19, 2023
- Saturdays 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Sundays 1:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Online Learning 3-5 Hours per Week
- Take 1 Good Moodra Yoga Mat Class per Week
- Observe 1 Good Moodra Yoga Mat Class Per Week
Typical Daily Schedule:
- 12:00-12:30: Morning meditation
- 12:30-1:30: Anatomy
- 1:30-2:30: Practice
- 2:30-3:30: Lunch
- 3:30-4:00: Practice review and sequencing
- 4:00-5:00: Asana Lab exploration
- 5:00-6:00: Practice teaching skills and lab
- 6:00-7:00: Yoga Philosophy
- 7:00-8:00: Q&A and Closing
Lily is an E-RYT-500 and obtained her 200-hr and 500-hr training through Yoga Works. She is an avid yoga practitioner who exemplifies how yoga can impact your mind, body and spirit, as yoga has helped her through many difficult experiences and times in her life.
While she is an avid practitioner herself, she also has an eye for identifying amazing teachers and what they do to make their classes special. She has the keen ability to assist teachers in developing their own personal teaching styles and skillset in a kind, informative, and highly accountable way. She is passionate about developing new students into talented, confident teachers who feel strong and ready to impact the lives of their students in the same way Lily has impacted so many lives herself.
Roni is an E-RYT-200 with a background in corporate training. Yoga is her whole life, not only because she owns the studio, but because it literally changed her life. Yoga was able to help her focus on what matters most, allowing her to find peace within chaos, and has helped her through the most challenging situations she’s been presented with.
Not only is Roni an avid yogi, she has an extensive background in corporate training, so she has a strong ability to create and execute training programs that not only inform and educate, but can also be put into practice with ease.
In addition to training her students, Roni is able to identify areas of opportunity and how the student may need to address the opportunities that will impact their ability to absorb the information the most. She can easily help to guide the student to practice how they feel the most joy and ease, increasing their retention and ability to implement the training at the highest level.
Jessica began practicing yoga at 5 years old with her grandmother in Mt. Shasta, California. Since then, her love of the practice & study of movement science has taken her through her biopsychology degree at UC Davis, her graduate degree in Physical Therapy at Mount St. Mary’s College in Brentwood, and an advanced certification as a Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS). She holds certifications as a Pilates instructor, NSCA Strength and Conditioning Specialist, aquatics instructor and indoor cycling instructor. She is a former Physical Therapist & Trainer for Cirque Du Soleil & currently works at the St. Jude Centers for Rehabilitation & Wellness in Brea, CA. She received her first formal yoga training through a Yoga Works workshop in 2006 & completed her 200 hour certification at Purple Yoga. She loves good friends, great food, cool music & awesome travel!!!
Yoga Teacher Training includes:
Sign up by April 1st Save $400!
Available through April 1, 2023
$2,800 Pay In Full
After April 1, 2023
Available through April 1, 2023
$3,300 Pay In Full
After April 1, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
This program is perfect for those looking to dive into their passion, as well as those who wish to teach.
It is very common for beginners to become yoga instructors! The training is for any level of practitioner; you don’t have to be flexible or able to do fancy poses to take the training. Your personal practice will deepen at the pace that works for you.
While there are many factors to consider when choosing a yoga teacher training, here are a few important ones to consider:
- Is the school registered with the Yoga Alliance? While the Yoga Alliance isn’t the only way to ensure you have a good training, it does help to ensure you’ll get trained under a program that meets their standards, which are strict and universal.
- Do you love the studio? You’ll spend 200 hours there in a short time, so be sure you connect with the studio and the instructors who will be providing the training.
- Do you agree with the curriculum? The Yoga Alliance has guideance but there will be variability among studios. Are you getting what you want out of the training?
- Are you able to get a mix of instruction, or is it all online or in-person? Everyone learns differently, so depending on the person, you may want one of the above or both!
Overall, follow your gut. If you feel like it’s meant to be, it probably is!
Graduation from our program requires the trainee’s attendance at all training sessions. Except for
emergency situations, all absences must be approved in advance by the trainer. A maximum of 24
hours may be missed if arranged in advance and approved by the trainer. Certificates will not be
granted until all training hours are accounted for.
Trainees make may up missed time in several ways:
- Attend the same session in a subsequent training at no cost;
- Pay to attend a private session with a trainer in which a one-hour private session may make up for 1 hour of missed classroom time. If more than one trainee misses the same material, it is encouraged to schedule the private session as a group and split the cost.
Unapproved absences may result in dismissal from the program. In this case, graduation will be at the sole discretion of the program director.
Tardiness is disruptive to fellow trainees and undermines a yoga teacher’s standards for professionalism. Any trainee who has an unexcused tardiness for class by more than 10 minutes will be docked an hour from their training hours and need to make up the time as per the attendance policy.
The process to get hired at Good Moodra Yoga after certification is to get certified to teach Trapeze Yoga. All instructors employed must be trained in Trapeze Yoga as well as certified under the 200-hour program.
Next, graduates should go through a more streamlined application process in order to work for us. Priority is given to graduates of our program but it is not a guarantee of employment.
Yoga Alliance Certified means the school has gone through the process of registration and curriculum scrutinization through the Yoga Alliance. This ensures quality and consistency among teacher trainings.
Good Moodra Yoga’s training programs are Yoga Alliance Certified.
Tuition must be paid in full prior to the first day of training. This means, the earlier you sign up, the smaller the monthly payments will be.
The day you sign up, you’ll pay the $500 (or $600) non-refundable deposit along with the first month of tuition. Then, payments are on the first of each month thereafter.